Looking after our environment is critical to us. Our philosophy is simple: If we can improve our environment, we will improve our wines and leave the land better than it was before. Our efforts to minimise the environmental impact in the production of all Wild Duck Creek Estate products and to improve our environment include:
- Reforestation of our vacant land. Over the past 10 years we have planted 10,000 trees on our unused land that was previously logged for farming;
- We use 100% renewable energy in the winery and vineyards;
- The elimination of the use of herbicides and synthetic chemicals in our vineyards
- We use compost undervine to develop richness in our soils, increase microorganism activity, and improve water holding capacity.
- We have planted and intend to keep planting many different species of trees, shrubs and grasses to increase biodiversity in our region.
- We are moving to becoming certified carbon neutral (and intend to be carbon positive) in early 2021. This will give you will have the confidence that all Wild Duck Creek Estate products and our business have had their environmental impact offset.